GOOD COMMUNICATION IS THE NUMBER ONE WAY TO ACHIEVE A SUCCESSFUL PROJECT AND HAPPY CUSTOMERS.
Thank you for reaching out to us! We are excited and honored to be a part of your remodeling journey! We take extreme pride in guiding our clients through their remodeling journey, no matter what stage they contact us at.
During our scheduled 20 minute phone consultation we have the opportunity to learn more about each other and ask a series of questions to learn how we can serve you best. We will also talk about the type of contractor you are looking to hire. We understand that we're not always the right fit for everyone and every project. Let's talk about it and find out together! Good communication is the number one way to achieve a successful project and happy customers.
How much are you looking to invest? Setting the right budget is the most important part of any project. During our call, we will help set a realistic range and help come up with ideas that will provide the best value for your investment!
You can expect our In-Home Consultation to be about 30-60 minutes. Having the opportunity to step inside your home and be able to visually see the space is a great value.
Being inside your home allows us to better understand what is working for you and what is hindering. It also allows us to see any other areas of the home that may be affected by your proposed remodel and to help you problem-solve. Seeing the existing space helps us to better understanding your initial vision! Once we've gathered this information and formed some clearer thoughts we're able to provide you with a free ballpark range where we believe your project could fall into. This range is based on our past estimates & experience and current material pricing.
At the end of the visit, we will show you a mock presentation of everything that is typically included within our Project Development & Design Service. If you are comfortable with moving forward based off our initial discussions we would then enter into a Project Development & Design Agreement. This agreement states that you are hiring Compass to create drawings, fashion a design scheme, and assemble a detailed proposal of what completing your project would look like.
"...ALL OF THE DETAILS ARE FIGURED OUT...
After we have received the signed Project Development & Design Agreement we get to work! We'll start by sending you a design questionnaire geared towards your project type & set up a day and time to where we may return to gather specific dimensions and talk about your design further. Then, it's back to the drawing board to create your layout & 3D model!
While we're working on the layout & 3D model we will also begin the material selection process and scheduling a trade-day. This is where our valued trade partners can see their potential work area in person to provide an accurate estimate. There will be a series of meetings throughout this process to make sure we're getting everything just right with your layout, selections and budget.
After all of the details are figured out we are then able to create your fixed price proposal. Since we didn't leave out any details during this phase we should have an accurate price of what your remodel will cost and you'll be able to review it line by line. Complete transparency. Ready to move forward? Construction is the next step.
Once we have your signed contract and the project's permit in hand, we are ready to build your project! As a full-service design-build company, we transition to become the builder overseeing all aspects of the construction process.
Communication is vital for a smooth-running job site. This is why we have invested in an online project management software. Here is where all of our correspondence lies, your budget detailed out, files and drawings uploaded, schedule posted, and more. It's our main communication hub, ensuring that you're never in the dark.
As the general contractor, we run the construction site, coordinate trade partners, supply all of the materials, and keep it all clean - while keeping you in the loop.
AS A FULL-SERVICE DESIGN-BUILD COMPANY, WE TRANSITION TO BECOME THE BUILDER, OVERSEEING ALL APSECTS...
Since we've invested in some of the industry's best job site cleanliness tools and practices, our sites are always top-notch. But even with these amazing tools and team members, dust still finds its way around. Once construction is complete, we'll provide you with a move-in ready cleaning of our work area! This is just another way we try to be different for our valued clients.
We stand behind our work. We strive to install products according to the manufacturer’s installation instructions, assuring that your products are covered by their manufacturer warranty. We also offer a one-year limited warranty on our craftsmanship. You will be given a full description of our warranty policy and procedure within your client packet.
Whether our stay is long or short, we're sure you'll be ready to use and enjoy your new space! We are excited to be a part of your journey, thank you for the opportunity!
When we started Compass, we knew we wanted to be different. We knew the “normal” remodeling experiences we had heard about (poor communication, a messy house, and going over budget on projects) were not going to cut it for us.
"Normal” is not our goal, remarkable is. We wanted to create a building experience that is like no other, so we went to work on doing just that. After researching, listening to industry experts, and honing our craft, we have created a remodeling process that is different, delivers an experience like no other, and keeps you at the center of the process.
Here are 5 ways we are working to deliver you a remodeling experience that is far above normal:
WE DO QUITE A BIT (SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO!)
- Provide you the peace of mind that every aspect of the project is being overseen and taken care of
- Always provide you with honest advice, even if it does not benefit us
- Provide all materials needed for the project. We prefer outside products not to be used for a number of reasons, but most notably because we provide a warranty for our craftsmanship. If we know the quality of the products we put into our work and stand by them and would not be able to provide that same level of service and quality without the use of our own tested products.
- Supply all labor needed for the project. The most successful projects are the ones that allow us to hire professionals to complete them. It is important that a company doing this work is licensed, insured, and most importantly able to pass city inspections.
- Furnish all equipment and tools
- Oversee the quality and timeliness of all work performed
- Monitors schedules, payments, and cash flow
- Keep accurate records of all aspects of the project
- Ensure safety measures
- Be the central point of communication, lightening your stress throughout the project
- Develop a road map of what you can anticipate throughout each step of your project
- Create a drawing plan set to share with all working parties, ensuring no details are miscommunicated or forgotten
- Develop and share a 3D model of your space so you can visually see the work to be done long before we ever swing a hammer
- Assist you with choosing final finishes and materials to furnish the space
- Provide you with a client login to keep up to date on selections, pricing, and progress
- Maintain air quality and cleanliness in your home
- Ensure your remodel is being built to code
- We stand by our work and provide you with a one-year, written warranty on all our craftsmanship
THIS IS YOUR JOURNEY
THE EMOTIONAL JOURNEY
At Compass, we know the emotional journey you will travel. The highs and lows of design as your ideas evolve and are finally ready to build.
The anxiety (& sometimes joy) of demolition, the fight against dust, the long slow climb to the finish line, and the extreme joy of living in a transformed space. We at Compass Construction will navigate the pitfalls and challenges of the design and remodeling process. Give us a call.
Let us be your advocate, we are here to make the journey a bit easier for you.
THE REMODELER SCORECARD
Choosing the right contractor is one of the hardest (and most important!) steps in this process.
Use this Remodeler Scorecard to help you select the right company for your project. First decide what is important to you by scoring each category and then score each remodeling company on how well they provide each category.